Research that is carried out without interruption in time. The sample can either consist of the same people (panel) over time or change.
Observation and gathering of quantitative information concerning:
• the consumption of daily products;
• everyday habits like media behaviour, time allocation, lifestyle.
• most suitable for calculating consumption volumes and market shares;
• in case of panel researches (the same group of people over time) changes in consumers' behaviour are registered;
• when studying different people in each wave, one has an accumulation of data on a large sample, which allows for consumer segmentation into smaller samples.